Coming to Flanders
If you are not a Belgian resident and you are planning to stay for more than 48 hours in Belgium, the following rules apply to travel to Belgium.
- You must complete the Passenger Locator Form (PLF) within 48 hours before arriving in Belgium, even if you’re vaccinated.
- If you are traveling to Belgium by plane, train, bus or boat, a PLF is mandatory, even if you are staying in Belgium for less than 48 hours.
- If you have stayed in a very high-risk country for the past 14 days, you need to fill in the PLF at all times, regardless of the length of your stay.
- Check the colour code of your country of departure and/or whether it is listed as a very high-risk country. If you have been in a very high-risk country in the past 14 days, you are only allowed to travel to Belgium an essential reason.
Re-open EU provides information on the various measures in place, including on quarantine and testing requirements for travellers. The information is updated frequently and available in 24 languages. This should help you plan your travel in Europe, while staying safe and healthy.
It provides 2 practical tools:
- Measures in place: an overview of measures in place in each European country
- Travel plan: provides specific information based on country of departure + country of destination.
- Check which COVID certificate you have. There are three types of certificates:
- A vaccination certificate proves that you have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You are fully vaccinated 2 weeks after your last vaccination dose and if the vaccine is EMA-certified.
- A recovery certificate shows that you have recovered from COVID-19. You have a positive PCR test result no older than 180 days and you no longer need to quarantine.
- A test certificate is proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. (The Belgian Covid Safe Ticket for Events requires a negative test not older than 48 hours)
The EU Digital COVID certificate to help you exercise your right to free movement, and mobile coronavirus contact tracing and warning apps.