ECTH 2021 Covid Safe Event
Covid Safe Event
ECTH 2021 has chosen to make the congress a Covid Safe Event. This implies that every congress participant will have to present a Covid Safe Ticket and a proof of identification at the entrance to the congress venue ICC Ghent.
To have a valid Covid Safe Ticket you need to have QRcode on one of the following certificates:
- Valid vaccination certificate:
This certificate must show that you are fully vaccinated. You are considered to be fully vaccinated 2 weeks after the second injection of a 2-dose vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna or Astrazeneca) or the injection of a 1-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).
- Valid (negative) PCR or antigen test certificate
- A PCR test with a negative result that has been taken less than 48h before entering the congress building each day.
- An antigen test (RAT) with a negative result that has been taken less than 24h before entering the congress building each day.
- Valid COVID-19 recovery certificate
This certificate must show that you are cured of Covid-19 after a previous positive test that was more than 10 days old and less than 6 months old.
The certificate can be presented digitally on your smartphone or on paper. It must be personal to you and must include a QR-Code.
Within the EU, the EU Digital COVID Certificate is available, and it is easiest if you download the application and present the certificate on your smart phone. For example, in Belgium the app is called CovidSafe, in the Netherlands CoronaCheck, in France TousAntiCovid. You can find out more about the EU Digital COVID Certificate here.
If you do not have a smart phone, you can bring a print-out of your certificate on paper.
Participants from outside the EU must present a QR-code of their negative PCR or antigen test.
If you are travelling by plane to Belgium, you can get tested at the Brussels airport.
Covid Safe ticket Control
The QR-Code on your certificate will be scanned at the entrance to the congress venue. You will also be required to provide identification to ensure that your certificate matches your identity. Every time you leave the congress venue, you will have to go through the Covid Safe Ticket control again at the entrance.
- ECTH 2021 doesn’t provide your Covid Safe Ticket and does not have the possibility to test you at the entrance.
- The costs of obtaining certificates and/or tests shall be borne entirely by the congress participant and may never be recovered in part or in full from by the organisation.
- Entry will be refused to any person not compliant with at least one of the above-mentioned certificates. No reimbursement of paid fees will be made to participants.
- It is each individual visitor’s responsibility to know and comply with the government requirements